Trauma-informed & Wholistic Forgiveness (TW Forgiveness)
When we have been injured by social, moral or criminal injustices accompanied by betrayal. rejection, discrimination, isolation, slander, and huge losses, we can fall into the pit of despair languishing in hostility, resentment and unforgiveness – powerless.
There is a ten-step ladder of TW Forgiveness that promises a way to find peace, love, freedom, and joy again.
Ten Step Program:
· Admit feeling powerless - ask the Higher Power for help.
· Choose the less travelled road of TW Forgiveness.
· Accept trauma triggers as part of the human experience.
· Transform trauma triggers into mood enhancers.
· Address broken relationships with human kindness.
· Take responsibility for one’s own wrong doings.
· Research and identify all of the losses.
· Let go of past losses.
· Weaponize goodness.
· Reinforce your forgiveness story by sharing it with others.
Celebrate each step.
By: Wilma Derksen. June 13, 2023.
TW Forgiveness is based on biblical principles and on my own personal journey of forgiving an act of murder inflicted on our family. What makes TW forgiveness different is that it is trauma-informed and addresses wholistically the four quadrants, body, heart, mind and spirit equally.